- We are so blessed ourselves. Just think on your blessings there really are so many.
- Give someone a Thanksgiving who other wise my not have it.
- Others need love and it feels good to show love to someone in need.
- It will not take much time but can have a lasting impact on hearts. It is good for the soul.
- We want everyone’s belly full this Thanksgiving! Am I right!
We all are truly so blessed. I want to encourage you if you know of someone in need of a Thanksgiving meal this holiday consider making a Thanksgiving in a basket!
I know a very young struggling couple who financially couldn’t afford a Thanksgiving meal. So I made a blessings basket.
- I bought a sturdy laundry basket ( any basket will do )
- I lined it was a Thanksgiving table cloth.
- Filled it with a Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey Breast. ( the perfect size turkey for 2 )
- I put everything they need for green bean casserole.
- A drink.
- Everything they would need to make homemade pumpkin pie.
- Everything needed for mashed potato’s.
- A pan for the turkey breast.
And that was it. It doesn’t take much time or money to make a blessings basket for someone!
As a Jennie-O Switch Circle Blogger I was sent an oven ready turkey breast and decided to pay it forward and give mine away this year in the basket. I have had one before and they are delicious! There is no need to prepare it or thaw. Just follow the very few simple directions on the back and your all set for the easiest, juiciest tasting turkey you ever had. Jennie-O is my trusted source for turkey. Period and I have tired a lot of turkey brands over the years. Jennie-O truly does take all the work out of it for you so you can focus on whats most important, spending time with your loved ones and friends.
Need turkey, sides or appetizer inspiration? Be sure to check out Jennie-O’ s web site for some fantastic Thanksgiving ideas!