I love Chinese egg rolls they are simply fantastic to me. But lately I have to watch my carbs. This month I set out to fix this problem and I did. As a Jennie-O Switch Circle blogger I was sent their all natural turkey sausage. I tried it out in making a egg roll in a bowl. It really took me away!
What you need:
- Jennie-O all natural turkey sausage
- One bag of cabbage mix
- Ginger paste
- Coconut oil
- Sweet peas ( optional)
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce (optional)
- Green onions
Ok the great thing about using Jennie-O’s all natural turkey sausage is that is it only has 5 grams of fat! It is zero carbs and has 13 grams of protein. The sodium count is much lower than other sausage brands that I have compared it too.
This dish is so simple and a serving is only around 6-9 carbs depending on if you add a few frozen sweet peas for color.
- You just brown the whole tube of your turkey sausage.
- You then add a large table spoon of coconut oil to the meat and stir add quickly the whole bag of cabbage mix.
- Add about a tablespoon of ginger paste.
- Add your green onions to taste.
- Cook till tender. It should only take 5-7 minutes.
This is enough to serve a large family or save for other meals during the week. Or you can cut the tube in half and the bag in half and make a smaller amount.This fresh dish is healthy and fast. You just can not beat the flavor and the time it takes to prepare. Amazing.